Category: Patient Transport
Department: Central Transport - 805900
Position Type: Per Diem
Hours Per Week: Per Diem
FT/PT/PD: Per Diem
Position Summary: Provide transportation of patients and visitors to the Hospital including physicians’ offices in order to ensure timely arrival. Transports patients to tests. Performs equipment cleaning. Transports specimens to lab.
1. Exemplifies the values of New England Baptist Hospital and the ROSE philosophy.
2. Under the direction of the Manager, provides transportation of patients. a. Refer to log and determine method of transportation needed and follow through. b. Upon telephone request, deliver or pick up patients in a prompt courteous manner. c. Assist clinical personnel in transferring patients to or from beds or chairs or stretchers.
3. Responsible for hourly medical trip.
- a. Report to all assigned areas in Nursing Departments in order to deliver/pick up inpatient or outpatient needs (specimens, cultures, bloods, non-narcotic meds, pharmacy requisitions, etc.).
- b. Responds to all stat requests from OR and Nursing Units within ten (10) minutes (stat bloods, cultures, oncology requests).
4. Responsible for the mail throughout the Hospital.
- a. Sort all mail and file according to department.
- b. Responsible for flower, fruit basket and package delivery for patients and Hospital employees.
5. Responsible for all requests from General Stores, Equipment Room, and Radiology at specified times.
- a. From 4:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. responds to all requests from General Stores and Equipment Room.
- b. Responds to Radiology requests.
- c. On weekends, responds to Radiology requests.
6. Responsibilities include stocking and cleaning the precaution carts on the nursing units.
- a. Stocks precaution carts daily.
- b. Cleans precaution carts every weekend.
7. Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma
- Previous work experience transporting patients preferred.
- A minimum of one year of work experience in a customer oriented role.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English
- Basic computer skills required.