System Analyst II - Clinical Applications
Department: EMR Clinicals - 823200
Position Type: Regular
Shift: Day Shift
Hours Per Week: Full time 40 hours per week
Location: New England Baptist Hospital, 125 Parker Hill Ave, Boston, MA 02120
System Analyst- Clinical Applications
Under the direction and guidance of the Director of Clinical Applications, the Clinical Systems Analyst II will act in the role of team lead for the IT clinical team. This position manages the clinical applications for NEBH. The Clinical Systems Analyst II, in collaboration with other team members, is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the clinical applications; providing support to end users for incidents, reviewing change requests, analyzing and recommending appropriate system changes, and implementing those changes into the system; providing training to end users and maintain documentation. This position also includes the responsibility of supporting upgrades, projects implementing new functionality, and routine maintenance. The Clinical Analyst II position will be responsible for training the other clinical team members as needed, as well as, new employee training for IT clinical team staff. The Clinical Systems Analyst II should be knowledgeable with EHR clinical applications for documentation, laboratory, pharmacy, and radiology.
Principal Duties and Essential Functions:
- Performs basic system modifications according to the prepared specifications, including functional adaptations, profiles, documents, and reports, as well as identifying procedural requirements.
- Provide end user support for clinical applications, working closely with additional members of the clinical team.
- Leads and participates in design sessions, provides subject matter expertise as it relates to clinical applications/systems and workflow.
- Assists in the development of project plans. Adheres to timeliness, reports project performance problems.
- Develops, reviews, and documents application/systems test plans. Leads testing sessions and ensures that test requirements are met.
- Trains team members as required, ensures team members have appropriate knowledge and training to participate in project activities and complete assigned tasks.
- Lead or manage new employee training for IT Clinical team staff.
- Assist the Director of Clinical Applications with tracking and monitoring team member progress for assigned tasks and duties.
- Collaborates with the Director of Clinical Applications to develop strategies the team will use to reach goals. (projects, upgrades, and support)
- Participates in rotating schedule for on-call support and system access for clinical applications.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
Bachelor’s required, Master’s preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent
Minimum 3 years of recent information services experience working in IT and managing IT applications, and infrastructure.
Must have a thorough understanding of hospital operations, financial, administrative and clinical; Experience supporting common applications, and related peripheral devices is essential.
Must have the ability to acquire knowledge on new applications technologies through research, mentoring, and managing other resources, and to transfer that knowledge to assigned staff through direct training, documentation and mentoring.
Effective verbal and written communications skills a must.
Ability to use effective problem-solving skills and excellent people skills is essential.