Sterile Processing Technician I, 40 hours
Category: Central Sterile Processing
Department: Central Sterile Processing Department - 625000
Position Type: Regular
Shift: Rotating Shift
Hours Per Week: Full time 40 hours per week
Responsible for the proper decontamination, inspection, assembly and sterilization of surgical instruments. Operates processing equipment. Proficient in instrument decontamination and assembly and will be aware of the sterilization methods available and which method is appropriate in correlation with the devices that are to be processed.
Principal Duties and Essential Functions:
- Decontaminates surgical instruments according to manufacturer’s instructions or advised by the department supervisor or manager. Will operate decontamination equipment
- Inspects instruments after decontamination ensuring all items are clean, intact, functional, and accounted for
- Assembles trays in a manner that ensures devise sterility as well as presenting a tray that is easy for the end user to access for use. Uses count sheets to ensure trays are assembled accurately for all trays
- Interfaces with department tracking system for all functions of processing
- Packages or containerizes instruments sets according to manufacturer’s guidelines and standards
- Loads sterilizer carts in a way to ensure packaged items are not punctured or compromised, loads containers and wrapped goods as recommended
- Runs daily sterilizer tests on all sterilizers. Operates sterilizers according to manufacturer’s instruction ensuring every load biological monitoring
- Documents all load contents, interfaces load to tracking system, loads cycle confirming correct parameters, monitors sterilizer to tracking system, records all pertinent information
- Unloads sterilizers ensuring items are not compromised and stores in correct location according to tracking system storage locations
- Responsible for cleanliness of department and all processing equipment
High School Graduate or Equivalent Required.
CRCST, CBSPDT, CIS preferred.
Required Work Experience:
1-3 years work experience in CSPD preferred