Department: Security - 807900
Position Type: Regular
Shift: Day Shift
Hours Per Week: Full time 40 hours per week
Protects life and property of all persons on Hospital premises and patrols Hospital buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft, and vandalism. Responds to the security needs of Hospital personnel and offers assistance whenever possible in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures; greets people entering the facility, provides directions and answers telephones. Serves as point of contact for hospital employees regarding safety and security issues, as well as provides guidance and leadership during emergency situations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Understands and adheres to NEBH policies and compliance standards as they appear in the NEBH Organizational Policies and Procedures, including but not limited to the NEBH Compliance Policy, Code of Business Conduct, and Attendance policies.
- Provides safety and security for patients, guests, staff and students
- Provides a visible deterrence to crime and prohibited activities by patrolling the building and as well as greeting and directing those entering the facility.
- Responds quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Ensures only authorized personnel are admitted into secure areas.
- Escorts visitors, patients, and personnel to and from parking areas upon request.
- Coordinates Safety & Security Activities within the Facility.
- Works closely with the Hospital’s Security Manager and Safety Officer to coordinate safety, security, and emergency preparedness activities for hospital employees within the facility.
- Assists with conducting drills and exercises such as fire drills and emergency preparedness and exercises.
- Completes required regulatory inspections of various equipment as assigned, including, but not limited to, hospital fire extinguishers.
- Conducts various tours or rounds as assigned (such as Environment of Care rounds, life safety tours, etc.) in order to maintain a safe environment for building occupants
- Acts as liaison between hospital and external emergency response partners (Police, Fire, EMS) during emergency situations
- Investigates incidents of unusual circumstances reported by Hospital personnel, visitors, physicians or patients and completes incident reports as appropriate, by the end of each shift.
- Writes accurate, clear, legible, and timely incident reports in the department’s report system and documents investigative steps and results.
- Monitors and reports all cases and incidents of a hazardous safety nature, including hospital equipment and systems.
- Enforces all Hospital policies and procedures as assigned by Administration and the Security Manager.
- Monitors the facility using electronic security equipment (security cameras, access control system, alarm systems, etc.) and demonstrates proficiency in its use.
- Observes the Security Department Concierge uniform dress code (business attire) and visibly wears identification badge at all times.
- Responds to emergency calls for assistance to control disorderly conduct or combative patients, and utilizes appropriate de-escalation techniques.
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service and communication skills; must be able to handle complex interpersonal situations and crisis management scenarios.
- Exhibits a positive attitude when dealing with others. Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working relationship with all members of the facility.
- Is flexible and willing to adjust schedule to meet the needs of the department.
- Possess good work habits and diligently maintains his/her post throughout the assigned shift.
- Monitors parking lots and exterior perimeter of the facility in order to assist staff, patients, and visitors; includes monitoring lot for employee parking program compliance.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality at all times, including adhering to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) privacy regulations.
- Works closely with the NEBH Security Manager and the Clinical Leadership on site.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED required. A strong educational background (Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree) in criminal justice or related field is preferred. A combination of both experience and education will be considered.
Valid MA Driver’s License and clean driving record required.
1-3 years of Security and/or concierge experience with prior hospital experience preferred.
Must obtain and maintain the following required certifications (training provided by Department):
AVADE/HDTS De-Escalation Training
International Association of Healthcare Safety and Security (IAHSS) – Basic Officer Certification (must obtain within first 6 months of employment if not already certified)
Must be able to pass hospital pre-employment medical, drug and tobacco-free screenings
Monday & Friday: 7:30am-4:00pm
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 10:00am-6:30pm