Department: Rehab Outpatient - 830 - 708500
Position Type: Regular
Shift: Day Shift
Hours Per Week: Full time 40 hours per week
Location: 830 Boylston Street, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Under the guidance and supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist, assists in the provision of Physical Therapy services to the patients of New England Baptist's Outpatient Care Center primarily in Chestnut Hill with general orthopedic injuries, post-operative diagnoses, chronic spine pain and work related injuries. The candidate may also be required to travel to New England Baptist's Outpatient Care Center in Dedham/Westwoord on an as needed basis.
Principal Duties and Essential Functions:
- Provides delegated treatments to NEBH patients under the direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist:
- Provides follow up of routine specific exercises.
- Provides follow up of functional activities, flexibility and strength measurements under therapist guidance.
- Provides patients with proper instruction and teaches correct exercise form to avoid injury.
- Provides orientation to new patients on correct equipment and usage.
- Under therapist direction, documents patient performance in daily flow sheets.
- Reports patient responses to treatment in a timely manner to the primary therapist.
- Performs non-treatment related activities:
- Maintains an inventory of departmental supplies in quantity sufficient for daily operation.
- Assists with secretarial duties such as answering telephone, entering data into the database, copying materials, and other office duties as needed.
- Assists with compliance with Infection Control Policy. This will include changing of linen, cleaning mats/equipment and general clearing of clutter.
- Utilizes free time in a productive manner.
- Demonstrates appropriate interpersonal skills and professional attitude:
- Accepts criticism and changes behavior appropriately.
- Listens to and understands conflicting viewpoint.
- Effectively expresses own ideas in discussion of professional issues.
- Assists co-workers to foster team approach to patient care.
- Behaves courteously and considerately toward all constituencies in hospital (i.e., co-workers, supervisors, other hospital employees, visitors, patients, physicians).
- Demonstrates good verbal skills in giving and receiving telephone messages and information.
- Actively participates in staff meetings, weekly team meetings, and educational programs, both inside and outside the institution
- Conforms to hospital dress code.
- Respects confidentiality of medical records and patient rights.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Plans time away from work appropriately:
- Arrives and leaves at designated times.
- Uses unplanned earned time appropriately.(Based on full time hours. Standards are pro-rated for part-time employees based on agreed hours.)
- Participates in educational opportunities in and outside of the institution on a regular basis.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required, preferably in related field, eg. Exercise Physiology or Athletic Training
Experience: 1 year of related work experience required
American Heart Association Heart Saver certification or BLS