Category: Food Service
Department: Dietary Administration - 805000
Position Type: Flex
Shift: Day Shift
Hours Per Week: Full time 32 hours per week
- May prepare cold sandwiches, cheeses, salads, fruit cups, deli, salad bar, protein salads, yogurt parfaits and gelatin desserts.
- Cleans vegetables, fruits, and berries for salads, relishes and gelatin desserts.
- Mixes ingredients for green salads and fruit salads.
- Prepares relish plates of various vegetables and prepares dressings to be served on green salads.
- Peels, cleans and cuts fruits and vegetables.
- Sets-up salad bars, read menus and check production.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, wash, peel, cut, season cold foods for serving and storing.
- Properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Inspects cold food workstations for compliance with service standards.
- Keeps records and requisition for supplies/equipment as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all regulatory rules and procedures.
- Other tasks as assigned by Operations Manager.
- Basic production skills.
- Prep for Hot food.
- Able to lift heavy boxes of produce, capable of using meat slicer, grinder, steamer, knives.
- Fill in to cover vacations for Deli, Catering Coordinator, Prep Cook and Grill Cook in addition
- High School Education
- Previous Experience Cooking and Customer Service