Physical Therapist, Per Diem, Chestnut Hill Campus (S)
Department: Rehab Outpatient - 830 - 708500
Position Type: Per Diem
Shift: Rotating Shift
Hours Per Week: Per Diem
FT/PT/PD: Per Diem
Location: 830 Boylston Street, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Provides Physical Therapy services primarily to the New England Baptist's Outpatient Care Center patients including but not limited to Occupational Health Department clients, Spine Center clients, Post-operative patients as well as clients from other referring sources with general orthopedic injuries as per written orders within the established policies of this department and New England Baptist Hospital. Physical Therapy clinics are located in Chestnut Hill and Dedham, MA.
Principal Duties and Essential Functions:
- Upon notification of a written referral, initiates the patient care process of assessment of the patient's functional status and needs.
- Utilizes this assessment to formulate a treatment plan of care to meet the patient's needs, including documentation of realistic, measurable goals, and expected length of stay.
- Implements the plan of care to meet the established goals within a reasonable timeframe in accordance with established Physical Therapy modalities and procedures, with awareness of body mechanics and safety and infection control issues, and return to work issues.
- Reassess patient's progress relative to achievement of established goals and recognize need to implement changes evidenced by documentation of patient's response to treatment.
- Understands role in process of discharge planning and case management through interaction with patient, employer, and other members of the health care team while actively participating in walk rounds, verbal rounds, patient care team conference when appropriate.
- Instructs patient in specific treatment procedure for reinforcement of program in between therapy sessions as well as in prevention of further injury and facilitates “ownership” of health attitude.
- Maintains updated records by completing all evaluations, progress notes and referral forms thoroughly and in a timely fashion as well as daily patient charge records of treatment and supplies.
- Supervises aide and Physical Therapist Assistant in performance of assigned tasks, when indicated.
- Participates as needed in the Clinical education program through the supervision and instruction of affiliating Physical Therapy students.
- Participates in staff meetings and inservice education programs both inside and outside of this institution when appropriate.
Experience: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years experience in an outpatient setting.
Licensure: MA Physical Therapy
Certifications: Basic Life Support