Physical Therapist, Per Diem (S)
Department: Rehab Inpatient - 708300
Position Type: Per Diem
Shift: Rotating Shift
Hours Per Week: Per Diem
FT/PT/PD: Per Diem
Location: New England Baptist Hospital, 125 Parker Hill Ave, Boston, MA 02120
Provides Physical Therapy services to the hospital’s inpatients, day surgery patients, and pre-operative patients as per written orders within the established policies of this department and New England Baptist Hospital.
1. Upon receiving written orders, initiates the patient care process of assessment of the patient’s functional status and needs. This patient care process includes, but is not limited to,
- Formulation of patient diagnosis and prognosis based on evaluative findings and interpretation of these findings
- Development of an appropriate and specific treatment plan of care, complete with measurable, realistic, and timely goals
- Reassessment of progress as needed based on established timeframes, patient response to treatment, or change in status
- Formulation of discharge plan and ability to work with patient, patient family members, and other healthcare team members to successfully carryout discharge plan
- Documentation of patient evaluation, progress notes, re-evaluations, and discharge in a thoroughly and timely manner in the patient medical record
2. Actively participates in walk rounds, verbal rounds and patient care team conferences when appropriate.
3. Completes daily patient charge records of treatment.
4. Supervises/Directs Physical Therapy Aides and Physical Therapy Assistants in performance of assigned tasks, when indicated.
5. Completes annual safety testing and departmental competencies.
6. Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills necessary for success in a multi-disciplinary, acute care hospital setting.
Bachelors, Masters or DPT preferred
Current MA licensure
BLS/ Heartsaver Certification required
Required Work Experience: 0-1 years related work experience required.