Physical Therapist Assistant, Inpatient Services, Per Diem
Department: Rehab Inpatient - 708300
Position Type: Per Diem
Shift: Day Shift
Hours Per Week: Per Diem
FT/PT/PD: Per Diem
Location: New England Baptist Hospital, 125 Parker Hill Ave, Boston, MA 02120
Principal Duties and Essential Functions:
After SBAR handoff of a patient who has been evaluated by a Physical Therapist, the Physical Therapist Assistant performs the following functions.
A. Provides treatment sessions and carries out plan of care developed by Physical Therapist
B. Alerts Physical Therapist when reassessment/re-evaluation is needed based on established timeframes, patient response to treatment, or change in status.
C. Works with patient, patient family members, and other healthcare team members to successfully progress towards discharge plan established by Physical Therapist
D. Documents all progress notes in a thoroughly and timely manner in the patient medical record. Thoroughly outlines assessment, interventions and ongoing plan of care. Inclusive of all teaching and discharge planning.Documents communication of current assessment to necessary members of the healthcare team.
2. Completes all billing processes according to department policy and procedures and regulatory guidelines in timely, accurate, efficient manner
3. Assists with patient and family education and instruction of treatment plan, including home program
4. Performs routine treatment and functional activities utilizing good body mechanisms
5. Supervises/Directs Physical Therapy Aides in performance of assigned tasks, when indicated
6. Participates in staff meetings, departmental groups aimed at improving clinical practice, and in-service education programs both inside and outside of the institution.
7. Actively participates in discharge planning, patient care and team conference when appropriate.
8. Responsible for reading email, written communications, staff meeting minutes, hospital and applicable Policy and Procedures and other essential work related communication
9. Maintains competency with any specific equipment, technology and surgeon protocols used in patient care. Policy and Procedures and other essential work related communication. Follow protocol with patient confidentiality and patient rights.
BLS or Heart Saver
Required Work Experience:
1-3 years of related work experience preferred.