Office Coordinator, 40 hours, Days
Department: Dr. Braziel - 765370
Position Type: Regular
Shift: Day Shift
Hours Per Week: Full time 40 hours per week
Location: New England Baptist Hospital, 125 Parker Hill Ave, Boston, MA 02120
Dr. Braziel’s office is currently looking for an experienced full-time office coordinator. Dr. Braziel specializes in joint replacement surgery of the hip and knee. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations including scheduling appointments and coordinating care for patients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to streamline process workflows for optimal clinical and administrative operations
- Ability to self-manage duties and prioritize effectively
- Experience with athenaNet (athenaClinicals + athenaCollector) is a strong plus
- Experience scheduling surgeries and obtaining prior authorizations is a strong plus
- Knowledge of healthcare operations and health insurances is required
- Familiarity with medical terminology is preferred
Principal Duties and Essential Functions:
- Resource for all incoming calls to the office. Performs initial intake collecting patient insurance data and demographics. Obtains all necessary referrals/pre-certifications.
- Enters all required data into electronic health record ensuring quality metric requirements are being met.
- Coordinates appointments, surgical procedures, pre-admission screening, radiology exams, etc. for patients.
- Coordinates all correspondence to patients, insurance companies referring physicians, etc.
- Oversees all claim holds in athenaNet for proper claim submission and prompt reimbursement.
- Oversees physician practice activities so that quality services are provided in a safe, efficient, effective, and timely manner meeting all applicable hospital and regulatory regulations. Proposes changes in operations of practice to achieve maximum operating efficiency.
- Investigates and responds appropriately to all complaints and suggestions and takes effective appropriate action where necessary. Ensures that all patient needs are correctly prioritized and responded to in an appropriate manner.
- Interviews candidates for office vacancies. Manages office schedules and vacations.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Physician
- 3 + years of Physician office experience
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree highly desirable
- Knowledge of clinical practice workflows and health insurances
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records system