Occupational Therapist, Per Diem (S)
Department: Occupational Therapy - 709200
Position Type: Per Diem
Shift: Rotating Shift
Hours Per Week: Per Diem
FT/PT/PD: Per Diem
Location: New England Baptist Hospital, 125 Parker Hill Ave, Boston, MA 02120
Responsible for all aspects of the Occupational Therapy services delivery process to the hospital’s inpatients and day surgery patients per written orders within the established policies of this department and New England Baptist Hospital for safe and effective standards of care.
Principal Duties and Essential Functions:
1. Upon receiving written orders, initiates the patient care process of assessment of the patient’s occupational performance in everyday life activities. This patient care process includes, but is not limited to,
a. Formulation of patient diagnosis, occupational profile, analysis of occupational performance, and prognosis based on evaluative findings and interpretation of these findings
b. Development of an appropriate and meaningful treatment plan of care, complete with measurable, realistic, timely, and client-centered goals
c. Reassessment of progress as needed based on established timeframes, patient response to treatment, or change in status
d. Formulation of discharge plan and ability to work with patient, patient family members, and other healthcare team members for successful outcomes measurement
e. Documentation of patient evaluation, progress notes, re-evaluations, and discharge in a thoroughly and timely manner in the patient medical record
2. Actively participates in walk rounds, verbal rounds and patient care team conferences when appropriate.
3. Prepares daily patient charge records of treatments and supplies.
4. Supervises/Directs Occupational Therapy Aides and Occupational Therapy Assistants in performance of assigned tasks, when indicated.
5. Participates in staff meetings, departmental groups aimed at improving clinical practice, and in-service education programs both inside and outside of the institution.
6. Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills necessary for success in a multi-disciplinary, acute care hospital setting.
7. Completes annual safety testing and departmental competencies.
8. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelors, Masters preferred
BLS or Heart Saver Preferred
Required Work Experience:
1-3 years of related work experience prefferd. New graduates welcome.