ARRT (MR) certification and BLS certification. 2 years experience preferred. This position will take part in call rotation covering evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Participates in the daily operation of the magnet. Performs all scans as requested and according to protocol.
1. Ensures the performance of requested/required examinations in a time frame consistent with quality standards of the department.
2. Performs an assessment of each patient’s condition and ability to participate in an exam. Obtains and records clinical information pertinent to the performance of the examination and interpretation of the images recorded. Ensures the confidentiality of all patient information. Ensures the general safety and comfort of the patient with regards to conditions that would jeopardize the welfare of the patient.
3. Demonstrates continued competence in the performance of examinations included in the protocol manual. Performs examinations in the time frame consistent with the needs of the modality and as required by protocol including all sequences necessary. Performs when necessary and appropriate, additional sequences to better demonstrate an anatomical area.
4. Converses with appropriate radiologist concerning scan protocol and clinical data.
5. Accepts responsibility for examinations performed, uses initiative to produce a complete and accurate study.
6. Accurately and consistently produces images in a manner which satisfactorily demonstrates diagnostic quality and finishes MR Study
7. Performs various non-imaging functions. Prepares as required and participates in orientation and training of others.
**PER THE ON CALL GUIDELINES, CANDIDATE MUST BE WITHIN 1 HOUR DRIVING DISTANCE to be considered.