Medical Assistant Per diem
: Medical Assistant
: NEBMA Converse 6 - 765600
Hours Per Week:
New England Baptist Hospital,
125 Parker Hill Ave,
Medical Assistant Per Diem
Under the direction of a Physician, NP, Manager or Director and Clinical lead, the Medical Assistant performs a variety of patient care and technical duties to support the work of the Clinicians and to facilitate delivery of care and education to patients. The Medical Assistant works closely with the professional staff to provide care and diagnostic testing for adult patients. Electronic medical record and physician office experience preferred.
Principal Duties and Essential Functions:
- Escorts patients to exam rooms and provides direct patient care.
- Prepares patient exam rooms to ensure they are ready for patients and doctors. Keeps the exam rooms stocked with supplies needed to perform patient assessments. Responsible for keeping exam rooms clean.
- Performs diagnostic testing which may include but is not limited to, urine collection, phlebotomy, EKG, PFT, etc., as ordered.
- Obtains prior authorizations for same day imaging and medication as required by payors.
- Records vital signs and assists Physician with patient exams. Enters all data into electronic health record.
- Phlebotomy (strongly preferred)
- Complies with all PQRS, Meaningful Use and other Quality requirements (required vitals, e-prescribing, etc).
- Reports all pertinent observations to Physician, Office Manager, Director, or other health team member.
- Coordinates surgical bookings, ancillary testing, and consultations as necessary.
- Follows up with patients on test results, rx refills, and assists with patient education.
- Functions as a liaison between the patient and their family and the health care team.
- Performs other related duties as required. Supports front desk duties as needed (mail, fax inbox, phones, check in, co-pay collection, subit encounters to billing company etc.)
Medical Assistant Certificate preferred
Phlebotomy experience preferred