Certified Nursing Assistant
Department: Jenks 4 East - 603500
Position Type: Regular
Shift: Night Shift
Hours Per Week: Full time 40 hours per week
Under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse, the Nursing Assistant provides direct patient care and environmental support to facilitate patient and staff safety.
Principal Duties and Essential Functions:
- Assists the registered nurse in the functional care of patients, ensuring efficient and patient centered care is delivered appropriate to the developmental level of the patient population.
- Collects, records, or communicates pertinent clinical data to the supervising nurse.
- Transports or accompanies patients as necessary to other areas of the hospital.
- Assists in patient teaching.
- Communicates any changes in patient status immediately to supervising nurse.
- Documents routine parameters of care per standard and records name and title. Performs and documents patient admission, transfer, and discharge tasks as requested by nurse. Maintains patient/ family confidentiality at all times.
- Responds to patient/ family requests promptly, seeking assistance as needed.
- Performs and remains competent in skills.
- Acts as a constant observer when requested.
- Coordinates and facilitates all intra and interdepartmental patient activities. Organizes patient flow on the unit.
- Participates in scheduling of secretarial staff
- Organizes and accurately maintains the unit census/assignment log book and patient board.
- Communicates patient information or changes affecting the unit to the appropriate personnel. Maintains patient medical record complete from admission to discharge. Communicates to appropriate departments, patient admission, discharge, or transfer.
- Performs several office clerical duties.
HS degree minimum required
Required Work Experience:
1 year of Nursing Assistant experience required, hospital experience preferred.