Annual Fund Director
Department: Philanthropy - 831600
Position Type: Regular
Shift: Day Shift
Hours Per Week: Full time 40 hours per week
Location: New England Baptist Hospital, 125 Parker Hill Ave, Boston, MA 02120
Annual Fund Director
Reporting to the Vice President of Philanthropy the Annual Fund Director is a member of the Baptist’s philanthropy management team. S/he is responsible for planning and executing the vision and strategy for the Baptist’s annual giving program. S/he will provide direction to other philanthropy staff as appropriate. The Director also will recruit and provide meaningful engagement for patients, friends, volunteers and other identified constituents for increasing annual giving.
- In consultation with the Vice President of Philanthropy, develops, implements and provides leadership and direction to an aggressive annual giving program that includes multi-channel giving and the personal engagement of volunteers and medical staff in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of annual gifts.
- Leads the planning, organizing, and marketing of comprehensive programs and new strategic initiatives designed to enhance the loyalty and dedication of the Baptist’s patients, friends and other identified constituencies.
- With the Vice President of Philanthropy, sets annual performance benchmarks and targets for Annual Fund goals, including upgrading and face-to-face solicitation targets.
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits Rose Society level gifts.
- Manages the Rose Society Committee in consultation with the Committee Chair to meet annual fundraising and upgrading targets and goals.
- Working in collaboration with other Hospital communications personnel and using industry best practices, designs an effective multi-channel (electronic, on-line and print communication) cultivation and solicitation program as one aspect of the annual giving program.
- Working with other philanthropy office colleague’s, facilitates and leads the team in achieving annual benchmarks and performance metrics.
- In consultation with the Vice President of Philanthropy, prepares comprehensive annual fundraising goals for the Annual Fund including objectives, budgets and operational plans.
- Collaborates and consults with Major Gift Officers in the identification of major gift prospects in the Annual Fund while sustaining annual giving.
- Oversees weekly, monthly and annual reports on Annual Fund activity.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related discipline.
- The ideal candidate will have five to seven years of relevant experience in Annual Fund programs, preferably in hospitals and/or health care.
- A demonstrated track record of significant achievement and progressively increasing results in annual giving programs, including online/electronic and multi-channel giving.
- Skilled in face-to-face solicitation.
- Experience in engaging volunteers and prospects through social media.
- A thorough knowledge of and commitment to best practices in Annual Fund fundraising programs including metrics goal settings and measurements.
- Demonstrated expertise in working with and motivating volunteers, fundraising committees and boards.
- Expertise in Annual Fund budgeting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen and interact effectively with donors and Board members.
- Strong demonstrated verbal and written skills.
- The ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with other team members, managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Significant and proven experience in managing a professional staff, with demonstrated ability to guide and develop professional level staff.
- A demonstrated ability to work in complex organizations.
- Excellent computer skills; experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Commitment to Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethical Principles and Standards.
- Sense of humor.