Ambulatory Orthopedic Physician Assistant
Category: Physician Assistant
Department: Administration - 830000
Position Type: Regular
Shift: Rotating Shift
Hours Per Week: Full time 40 hours per week
The Ambulatory Physician Assistant (PA) is responsible for providing direct patient care and clinical assessment for adult orthopedic patients across multiple ambulatory departments, including but not limited to the NEBH Walk-in Clinic, NEBH Spine Center, NEBOCC Dedham ASC and others as assigned. The Ambulatory PA will work under the direction of an active physician member of the New England Baptist Hospital Medical Staff. The Ambulatory PA will function within specified parameters as defined by the sponsoring physician and Chairman of Orthopedics.
1. Exemplifies the values of New England Baptist Hospital and the ROSE philosophy.
2. Complies with all New England Baptist Hospital policies, procedures and the Code of Excellence.
3. Patient evaluation and management:
- Performs history and physical examination when necessary.
- Initiates appropriate laboratory tests, X-rays, and other diagnostic studies as needed.
- Plaster splint, as required and appropriate for patient care.
- Cast Removal as needed
- Makes accurate identification of problems/diagnoses based on correct interpretation of findings.
- Assists patients in meeting health needs by identifying existing or potential problems, exploring available alternatives and providing support to the patient to make an informed decision regarding their plan of care.
- Maintain current and accurate medical record documentation
â€‹4. Clinic Coverage:
- Responsible for providing care to walk-in orthopedic patients via the NEBOCC Walk-in Center
- Responsible for providing scheduled Spine Center patient appointments for new patient and follow-up care
- rotating hours to include evening and weekend coverage, as assigned
â€‹5. NEBOCC Dedham ASC:
- Responsible for post-op patient management for same-day joint patients
- Dictates discharge summaries as needed